Providing our patients at 扬克顿诊所 P.C. Norfolk with the latest technologies and procedures in orthopedic care is what we do. You can expect the highest level of care found in major cities and hospitals across the region right here at home in Norfolk NE.
Orthopedic physicians are providers who specialize in treating the musculoskeletal structure. This includes all the bones, 肌肉, 韧带, tendons and joints throughout your body. This can include an incredibly wide variety of issues and conditions. 例如, if your shoulder hurts or you break a bone in your leg or you develop carpal tunnel syndrome in your wrist–that will all be treated by an orthopedic physician.
How often you see an orthopedic specialist–or when you first see an orthopedist–will depend on your overall health, 你的年龄, 还有你的症状. Orthopedic physicians can help treat both acute injuries and chronic issues. Treatment options may range from managing symptoms to surgical therapies designed to replace damaged bone.
When Should You See an Orthopedic Specialist?
你的肌肉骨骼结构很复杂, 带骨, 肌肉, 韧带, and more all working together to help you move efficiently. When one part of that system becomes injured or diseased or experiences significant wear and tear, 可能会导致疼痛和不适. Treating this pain and discomfort–and improving your mobility in the process–is the primary goal of an orthopedic specialist.
那么你应该什么时候预约呢? 在一般情况下, you’ll likely be referred to or want to reach out to an orthopedic physician in the following circumstances:
- 你遭受了严重的伤害: This could be anything from a sprained ankle to a torn rotator cuff to a broken tibia. Some of these acute injuries will not heal properly–or at all–without intervention from an orthopedic physician. This can result in lifelong mobility and discomfort issues. Other injuries may simply require a degree of rest. Your orthopedic specialist will help you determine the nature of your injury and the best way to treat it.
- 你开始丧失行动能力: This can be especially relevant as you age–but not exclusively. If you begin to have difficulty moving or experience pain when making certain motions, your orthopedic specialist may be able to help you treat the underlying condition. This can help regain your mobility and minimize your discomfort.
- 你患有慢性不适: Some chronic discomfort can be caused by orthopedic issues. This could include spinal issues, sciatica, or herniated disks. Finding the underlying cause of this chronic pain can help you find the right treatment to alleviate your discomfort.
- 你的关节开始磨损: Over time, your joints may begin to degrade. 通常，这是由于自然磨损造成的. In these cases, you may opt to undergo joint replacement surgery performed by an orthopedic surgeon. Your new joints will improve mobility and diminish pain while improving your overall quality of life. Common joint replacements include hips and knees. Joint replacement surgery can often be performed on an outpatient basis.
- 过度使用或运动受伤: Sometimes we put our joints through more than they can take. That can be the case with sports injuries and overuse or stress injuries. An orthopedic specialist can help you get back on the field (or back to your daily life) faster.
There may be other instances when you need to see an orthopedic specialist or surgeon. Because the musculoskeletal system is quite broad, orthopedic physicians can successfully help with a wide variety of conditions and symptoms.
Does Seeing an Orthopedic Specialist Always Mean I Need Surgery?
When most people think of orthopedics, they almost always attach another word to it: surgery. 虽然骨科手术很常见, the orthopedic physicians at 扬克顿诊所 take an individualized approach to each and every patient.
Most orthopedic physicians–including surgeons–will first try to treat most conditions in the least invasive way possible. 这可能包括以下内容:
- 让你的身体自愈: 在某些情况下, your injury may be best served by letting your body’s natural healing process work on their own (most often, 加上休息).
- 物理治疗: 原因有很多, physical therapy can help improve your overall mobility, 帮助你避免痛苦, and encourage your body’s own healing mechanisms. When surgery is required, physical therapy can often help you recover more quickly and more fully.
- 微创手术: Some procedures do not require large incisions. These minimally invasive surgical procedures tend to have much faster recovery times. Most minimally invasive procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, meaning no overnight stay in a hospital is required.
Our Orthopedic Surgeons Specialize in These and Other Orthopedic Conditions:
- 关节置换: 膝关节、髋关节和肩部
- 脚 & 脚踝的条件
当你需要矫形护理时, call the experts who are committed to providing you exceptional health care so close to home.